Sunday, May 29, 2011

Loosing is Winning!

OK. I just weighed myself- again. I lost another 3lbs. I have reached my 20lb goal and can go to West Palm Beach for my birthday weekend! I think this last fill reached my magic number in terms of liquid in my band. I can tell the difference in my legs and waist. I am so solid that I think it will take time for me to really notice the loss. One thing I have noticed is that I have dimples and that I lost a chin!

Some of my coworkers say they can see the loss. I never thought I would say this but I can't wait until I can hit the gym again! The doc doesn't want me in the gym until he sees me. At first I was happy to oblige. Now I crave the elliptical! Tell anyone and I will deny, deny, deny!

Its strange that I have to remind myself to eat. I have never had that problem. I'll have protein in the morning and if I am not at work, I won't remember to eat until dinner when I get really hungry. I am loving this.

It took me two and half years AFTER getting my Lap Band to get serious about loosing weight. I just got tired of being so heavy! Of praying that when I go to a restaurant that the chairs don't have sides so they don't dig into my hips! I refused to pay for two seats on a plane! I wanted to buy cute clothes. But what really spurred me on was my health. I have a bad knee. I'm 33 and I have degenerative osteoarthritis. I refuse to have to have a knee replacement like my mom and gram. My cholesterol is 156, which is up for me and my arm is so big that they must use a thigh cuff to get an accurate read on my blood pressure. At least that is on the low to normal side. I refuse to have to take more pills. I want to ride on roller coasters again!

So in this case, loosing weight is winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment